Setup an Autoresponder
AutoResponders require two things to work:
- a message saved as a template
- a member segment to send to (usually based on a date field)
This example shows you how to create a "Happy Birthday" AutoResponder, but you can create many types of AutoResponders based on Signup Date, Anniversary date, last transaction date, etc.
- Create a message template to use for your AutoResponder
- This message can be personalized using mail-merge values
- Don't forget to save it as a Template
- Create a segment to match who you want to send to
- Click Members>Search
- Enter your search criteria.
- We'll search for Birthdays that fall on today's date
- Save the results as a Segment.
- You can save it even if your search returns 0 members
- Enter the Segment details and then save it.
- Now you can add an AutoResponder
- Select the message and segment you created
- Frequency lets you choose how often to send
- day of the week (ex. Tuesday)
- day of the month (ex. 5th of the month)
- Once saved, you'll see the entry in the Send screen.
- Your AutoResponder will send on a daily basis until you delete or pause it.
- Hover over the info icon to quickly view the AutoResponder rules